Tuesday, September 20, 2005

First Korean film (sans subs)

I went to see this movie - http://www.film2.co.kr/moviedb/default.asp?mkey=40636
entirely in Korean and I understood the gist of it, not too difficult considering the audience and genre, but I could only laugh at the slapstick.

I went with a girl plus her friend, the former whom I met on the interweb. The friend wants to learn English, but she was too embarrassed to actually try, or to ask me any questions. We went to Indio, a trendy pub around Suwonyok, and then we played some pocketball. The whole place was filled with macho Korean men who pretty much stared me down the whole night as I played with two (of their???) women, the only ones there. So I was a litle put off my game, but I still managed 2 for 3. Then we went to CGV for the movie. They paid for everything but the popcorn (!). So, I had fun, but did they? I dunno, and that's the thing about trying to get a Korean girlfriend. Who the fizzick will know what they're thinking until they stop calling a few days later? Not you my anglophone friends. Not you.

In other media watch news, I recommend the album 'Touch' by Amerie, the reincarnation of Aaliyah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home