Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sleep

I haven't been getting much sleep lately, on account of unusual things happening around the apartment, and also, the cursed internet. I cannot resist it's lure!



On Thursday RolyPoly Rosie got locked out of her apartment. I was playing Jade and making lots of noise, so I couldn't pretend to be asleep. I would have helped regardless, since I have forgotten or lost so many keys as to make me very sympathetic to apartmentless refugees. I climbed on top of her a/c exhaust fan (mounted OUTSIDE! My a/c is inside my apartment making half of it cool and the other half, counterproductively hot) and then hauled myself up on the somewhat fragile gas pipes that run the length of the building. Then I shimmied over to her window, had some difficulty finding a foothold, and then I squirmed in through the open window. Once inside, the tricky part was not breaking her laptop. It was on the table right under the window. I did a semi-handstand from the back of her chair and then vaulted on to the floor. Not bad for a sedentary computer geek. Maybe watching countless haours of Jade Empire acrobatics actually has translated into some kind of raw skill.

I also got a job working with Frankie 5 Fingers and his boss. They're willing to wait for me until I get back to Canada. I hope it's the right decision. It does put a hold on or permanently disrupt some of my other future plans, but the project sounds hella cool - making a children's books website. It will also be good to be back scheming again. I just hope I'll have enough free time to work on some writing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Burnt Toast said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:55 p.m.  
Blogger Burnt Toast said...

Mama mia! That's good news. I mean the job offer is fabu, but the apartment acrobatics is the stuff of legends!

Excuse the deleted comment, I spotted a spelling mistake after the fact. Wouldn't want that now would we?

1:57 p.m.  
Blogger Burnt Toast said...

Will you be able to build a schedule that will work for your lifestyle because you're working with friends?

7:44 a.m.  
Blogger Vivec said...

What I'm most concerned about is whether going back to working with computers and trying to be a mid-grade graphic designer is really what I should be doing. My other plan was to learn how to speak Korean, move to Van city, try to start a school or some other business with my knowledge. It's a little bit loopy, but maybe doing something new is better than repeating the mistakes of the past.

In other news - Spongebob was rejected. Must make with the funny! But how?!

2:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home