Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Day 6

End of Day 6 of a 20 Day marathon of 11 hour teaching days and only one day off in 11. The cracks are starting to show among co-workers. Today El Capitan told me that my shorts were too short (above the knee) in her words ' too sexy' . *
*and now you have a small understanding of the incredible Victorian prudishness that exists in some segments of K-land. Knees haven't been off-limits since hoopskirts and whalebone corsets, b##$!

I said "Should I go home?" Incredulous.
"No, just don't wear them again".
I gathered my things, left the staff room and slammed my classroom door behind me. When you consider the nu-metal t-shirts and tear-away parachute pants that some other teachers wear I am a paragon of sartorial professionalism. To quote Wayne Gretzky - Damn right I'm hot. I feel like I'm being persecuted. Capitan came to my class to make sure I wasn't too angry - like quitting angry, I guess. If she needs something to liven up her 13 hour working days she picked the wrong mark. She has no clue how unpleasant a weaselly little passive aggressive foreigner can be.

I think I'll start by wearing a suit and tie tomorrow and then test the existence of a non-smoking policy in the teacher's room.

Later, HippieChick and Dharma told me that my main problem was combining checked fabrics. "It makes your eyes scattered".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wears short shorts...

3:57 a.m.  
Blogger Burnt Toast said...

I wish you were shooting video to go with this blog. The testing the no-smoking policy, coupled with the anonymous comment! It just made me laugh out loud. HA! I hope you're able to laugh at your situation. But then again, laughing or crying it's the same thing to me.

12:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too sexy for your class, too sexy for your class, so sexy.....

3:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home