Monday, July 11, 2005

Birthday

So in 6 minutes, Korean time, I'll arbitrarily advance one calendar year. It's the most completely meaningless birthday ever. I've lied about my age to everyone I've ever met, and I've frequently lied about the date. I entered an unholy alliance with the school counsellor in charge of my records to NOT have a party at work. I'll have to see if they come through. I am psychopathically defiant about the passage of time, and frankly, it seems to be working.

To quote my grandfather:
"It's an anniversary, not a celebration."

Finally got the camera back from the sneaky Korean staff person who swiped it for the weekend, and found, to my horror, that it had nothing but gems like this one, taken at the Outback Steakhouse ca. July. I promise more outdoor shots next time!

Have been very bad about keeping in touch with the family. I guess it's a combination of the usual factors - pecuniary embarrassment, sleep disordered schedules, the time difference and tragic lethargy. They have no idea how much I miss them, but I can't complain too much here nor any time because making people worry about you is just what a shitwad does.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was close.

5:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda Yip says "Happy Birthday you faggot", as well.

5:49 a.m.  
Blogger Try Ice said...

Happy Birthday, I Hope... :)

1:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home