Thursday, June 16, 2005

Olympic Park

These guys played 'hit me baby, one more time'

Here are some photos I took of Olympic park near Jamsil a few weeks ago. I took these while I was hanging out with "Jack", one of Bruce's acquaintances. Bruce described him as 'a bit of a nerd who now has the money to hang out with the cool guys'. I guess that's pretty accurate although I don't know about that last part. Jack was fun to hang out with - he just wants to talk about anything in English, and he bought me a couple of beers while we lounged around the park (crawling with children since it was the Children's Day holiday). One thing about Korea is you can and will see people drinking anywhere in public, and it's OK. At night you will see drunken folk from all walks of life, and their walk is usually wobbly and meandering. I guess they have to deal with the unrelenting pressure somehow.



Jack and I haven't hung out since then; it's my turn to call him. The problem is that Bruce had tons of free time to do whatever he wanted, including hanging out with someone for a few hours during the week. I don't really have the luxury, although I should probably use my time better.

This was the first time I had seen actual foliage since I moved to Seoul. I see trees every day now that I'm in Suwon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they have any good beer in Korea?

2:57 a.m.  
Blogger Vivec said...

Yes, they have Heineken and Corona and Guinness and Sapporo and even Sleeman's Honey Gold.

OH! you meant beer brewed in Korea- no.
no, they don't.

3:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home