Sunday, December 04, 2005

Demo! & wind-down.

My timing is anything but good as I hit things off with a delightful woman (pilates and ballet instructor) today and I learned (and forgot) about as many new Korean words as I have all year. We had coffee and tea at Kanghwamun Starbucks and I got to see about a bajillion heavily armoured 기동 경찰 (riot policemen) preparing to 'suppress the demo' as my guide put it.

Yeah, suppress that mofo all the way over to this here Starbucks! I was getting ready for a molotov through the window but it never materialized. Too bad, since this has been the coldest day of the year so far. I haven't bothered to get a real winter jacket yet, so I may have looked a bit odd, but I'm a tough Canadian and I hardly noticed the BITING SIBERIAN WIND (-2) My language-exchange partner even shelled out for some gloves for me! How cool is that?

Too bad I'm going home at Xmas and I have to work the weekend after next. I don't anticipate coming back to Korea in a hurry. I also don't plan on keeping up this blog while I'm in Canada. I don't know how much time I'll have to post new updates while I'm getting ready to leave, and I plan to be too busy to blog afterwards. I will let you know when I stop updating permanently but for now this is goodbye.

To whatever degree my life will be interesting back in Canada, it won't be anything even remotely different from what millions of English language bloggers are already doing. Also this started as a document of my Korean experience or lack thereof, and it will stay that way.

I will continue to update the novel blog and the secret blog at my whim.
Annyeonghi Gaseyo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Burnt Toast said...

It's been a pleasure reading your take on teaching in Korea.

1:52 a.m.  
Blogger PupSquadFoster said...

I read your blog

5:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home